Barnsley Road Club and Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council have worked in together to fund a town centre cycle event, with the aim of the event being self-funded within three years. Our principle aims are to:
- Establish the race as part of the British Cycling Racing Calendar.
- Implement a high profile cycling race that includes one inclusive, inspirational or mass participation event.
- Deliver an active travel / cycling festival alongside the main event.
What we will deliver
We will deliver a unique evening of cycle sport in the historic centre of Barnsley, combining cycle events for youths, juniors, women and men, with a party atmosphere; including performance artists, DJ and MC comperes, and Formula One style lighting to drive an ever building atmosphere. All this in front of a crowd of over 8000 people as they bring in the weekend.
Events of this type regularly generate additional economic benefit to the host regions, and this event will be no different; delivering an estimated £100,000 in year one, £125,000 in year two, and £150,000 in year three to Barnsley businesses.
We will deliver a professional standard promotion, in terms of event delivery and media coverage, to promote partners brands to a wide and new audience.
Aside from us loving it, cycling is the growth sport in the UK.
A survey commissioned by Sports Marketing Surveys Inc. found that the UK cycling community was 8.75 million cyclists, the third largest participation within UK sport, but crucially has the largest proportion of participation by under 18’s. Back in 2011, the London School of Economics reported that cycling contributed £3 billion to the UK economy, by 2015, this was estimated to have grown to £5.6 billion. Since 2011, the UK has seen some important contributory factors:
- The 2011 Road Race World Championship victory of Mark Cavendish, as well as 2015’s World Championships winner, Yorkshire’s very own Lizzie Armitstead.
- 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 Tour de France stellar victories for British cyclists Sir Bradley Wiggins KBE and Chris Froome OBE.
- The 2014 Grand Depart of the Tour de France was held in Yorkshire, witnessed by 3 million people, followed by the Tour de Yorkshire (TDY) in 2015, 2016 and 2017. The TDY will help continue the momentum of growth by continued delivery of a world class event in the UK.
- The Tour of Britain’s continued success as a preparation race for the World Championships attracts the very best of world cycling.
- British Cycling noted an 100% year-on-year increase in membership since 2014, reaching over 100,000 members
- In 2019 Yorkshire will host the World Road Race Championships.
This is underpinned by elite level racing in the UK which lays the foundation of global success. Now is the perfect time to become involved in UK cycle sport.
As with any event, sponsorship is crucial and with this in mind, we are pleased to be able to offer a range of sponsorship packages:
|Description||1 Year Price||3 Year Price||Commitment|
|VIP / Principle Sponsor||£7,500||£20,000||
|Programme Advertising (Full Page)||£1,500||£3,750||Full page advert in our full colour A5 Race Programme, professionally printed in 170gsm silk throughout|
|Programme Advertising (Half Page)||£1,000||£2,500||Half page advert in our full colour A5 Race Programme, professionally printed in 170gsm silk throughout|
|Programme Advertising (Quarter Page)||£600||£1,500||Quarter page advert in our full colour A5 Race Programme, professionally printed in 170gsm silk throughout|
|Barrier Banner||£500||£1,200||Three specially designed 2.2m x 0.8m PVC mesh banners with your corporate / business artwork installed on our 2.2km of advertising space (1.1km each side of circuit)|
|Vendor Stalls||£350||£750||Allocation of trading stalls immediately outside Barnsley Town Hall, where gazebos, 4m x 4m max can be erected|
|Website Logo||£250||£650||Provision of company logo on event website|
*Sponsorship of the event allows for other entities to sponsor an individual (or multiple) race which is included in the event.
**Decision in accordance with BMBC approval for use of their property.
Available to download as a Sponsor Pack.
For further information or to discuss potential sponsorship of this event, please email email@example.com